Franklin DPW Update: Work to be Completed in 2021
• Mackintosh Neighborhood Water lines – Contractor CJP & Sons to start work in April.
Construction cost is approx. $1M
• Lincoln St Roadway Improvements – Contractor D’Ambra Construction to start work in
April. Construction cost is approx. $1M
• Beaver St Sidewalk Extension – from Rte 140 to the field at Chilson Park, project has been approved by ConCom, we will complete bid documents and go out to bid in the next few weeks – early estimate is around $250,000
• Chilson Park/Beaver Pond Expansion – We are designing the Recreation Dept, project has been approved by ConCom, was to go out to bid in March – funding is from Rec Dept, budget was around $200,000
• Colt Rd Neighborhood Drain Lining Project – bids were opened Friday 2/26, we are reviewing the bids. Construction cost approximately $175,000.
• Meadowlark Rd Bio-retention Area – this is part of the most recent 319 grant, project has been permitted thru ConCom and we will need to go out to bid. Expected bid opening in March/April with a budget of around $75,000.
• We are in the process of reviewing other potential road work projects, including chip sealing and crack sealing, vs. what we have in available funding.